Wednesday, December 9, 2009

One of my saddest days in my life



Yesterday my friend Lee and I left work to be a part of the crowds that wanted to express their respect & sadness for our four murdered police officers. It was impossible to get into the Tacoma Dome as thousands of their fellow officers and other law enforcement officers filled it to capacity. They came from all over this great US and from Australia and Canada. We stood there in silence as the procession passed and cried. I will never forget that image for as long as I live. So many people coming out in ice cold weather, standing with us for over 3 hours as it rolled by. Our hearts ache for their families and pray nothing like this can ever happen again.

God bless Sgt. Mark Renninger, officers Ronald Owens, Tina Griswold, and Greg Richards.