Monday, March 31, 2008

A day in Seattle



A spur of the moment decision to go to the Fremont Market in Seattle today. I was going to get so much accomplished at home and kidded myself that we (or rather I) can just go up there, look really quick and come back to get all my work done. Ha.

I asked my sister and her daughter Carlie to come with us. Ron was our driver. He happily comes along to these ventures up to Seattle because his reward is a stop at Bottle Werks. A micro-beer lovers mecca.

I have never been to the Fremont Market. Don't know why, just haven't. Turned out to be a pretty decent day and I got some vintage only I could love dolls, tags, a necklace and a wrought iron plant stand. I would like to be a vendor this or next year there. The beautiful tags and necklace were from my friend Linda's booth. I meet her years ago when she owned a shop in the Northend of Tacoma called "Frona and Zig". I LOVED that store. It was on my weekly shop stop list. She moved then downtown Tacoma for a while. When I went down to visit one day, it was closed. Much to my excitement when I went to my first event at Willow Nest, there she was!! As always, she had something I just had to buy. I never leave her shop or space without having to have something. She now has a blog called Luluz, the link is under my favs to the right and is at the Fremont Market most Sundays. So nice to have found her again. You can purchase some of her wares online, see her blog.

Then off to Chinatown to have some dim sum. The pictures above are of my niece Carlie and my Madeleine in Chinatown. We were stuffed ourselves and then walked around to burn some of it off. Seattle is such a different world that we live in just 40ish miles away. It's a wonderful place to visit but I love our quiet little corner down south.

No comments: