Thursday, March 27, 2008

Good Kids


I think I am a pretty lucky person. I have a wonderful husband and children and a great family.
What more can anyone really ask for. They love me unconditionally and I them.
Here is a picture of our youngest son Dylan (one on the left) with his friends and of course my darling Madeleine our youngest daughter. His friend Chris came to say goodbye (he's the one in the suit) on Easter Sunday as he was leaving to join the Air Force. My Maddie has a little crush on Chris. All of Dylan's friends are such good kids. They love Maddie hanging out with them. Never complain that she is always there in Dylan's room to play video games or just to talk. There is hardly an evening that we don't have 6-9 cars in our driveway and the house full of boys and a girls. I love that they like to hang out here. They eat me out of house and home but that's ok, I prefer them here. Safe.
One evening when Ron, Maddie and I just finished dinner and cleared everything. Dylan and his friends returned. I set the table for maybe 6 of them to eat. I put the food on the table and I thought for sure all these big boys and girls would be diving in and grabbing food like crazy but they all bowed their heads & took each others hands and said a prayer of thanks. Then proceeded to break one of the 7 deadly sins.....gluttony! Ha. I was very touched that these kids said their prayers and not for my benefit but their's.
Dylan and the 3 guys at the end of the picture went on a road trip last night to Los Angeles. They decided they wanted to go down there to go to a restaurant owed by a band member in Tool called "Cobra and Matadors"? I worry about them going down there, it's so different and a much tougher rough crowd. But he's got to spread his wings. Ugh my stomach hurts! They will be back on Sunday.

No comments: