Monday, January 21, 2008

Yummmmy...Red Velvet Cupcakes


For Gretchen's art gallery opening last month I made some Red Velvet cupcakes. I love making cupcakes. Actually, I just love cooking. Especially for people that love to eat and love food.
I took a buttercream decorating class yesterday in Seattle. Tobey Rodriquez, owner of Sugarcakes gave the class in Sugarcake's kitchen. It was me and one other girl so we got Tobey all to ourselves. Well, I am a spaz rose maker. I really need to practice! Tobey is a wonderful instructor. I learned a few tricks of the trade and I can pipe a decent border.
I have a coworker who fell in love with my cupcakes and asked me to do them for her wedding. That is in May so I am getting in all the professional decorating training I can. I will probably just do it as in the picture and rely on the staging to boost the simple decortation of the cupcakes. I don't know. We'll see how good I can get with those roses.

No comments: