Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Catholic Wannabe



Another day, another picture. This is my favorite one. Same kids that I posted with Folie a Deux on it but used this in another wax collage. I have such a thing for vintage Communion pictures.

I have always been a Catholic wannabe. I had a friend in grade school who was Catholic and I would go to church with her sometime and was just in awe of all the ceremony and the religious art. My dad's family was Catholic and my cousin, Father Scott, a priest in Hawaii. Never ever would have thought he would of choose that path with his love of the party life. He became a priest I think in his early thirties.

I remember one night my cousin Carol and I were sitting in her parents living room. It was about 2 am and we just got home. Shortly thereafter, Scott also came home & literally fell onto the sofa. About 30 minutes later, there was a knock at the door. It was the police. The officer asked who's car was in the driveway. I looked over his shoulder to see a Scott's car with his fender missing. That was in the street. He apparently side swiped many cars on their street coming home. I woke up my uncle, who luckily worked for the Honolulu Police Department, and somehow things got straightened out. This was a usual occurrence for the now Father Scott. I guess since he had such an "adventurous" life he can give good life experience advise.

No comments: