Monday, April 9, 2007

Great Uncle Leonhardt Kamm

My artistic side must of come from
my mother's side (according to my mom, all good is from her side, everything else, it's your father's side). This is a painting hanging in my living room by my great uncle. For the life of me right now I can't think of his first name! Just called my mother (I can never just get an answer to a question, had to listen to some complaining about my niece first), Leonhardt Kamm. He painted it in 1923 and the woman is supposedly of my grandmother. But I think I saw this painting in a book once. I'm not sure, but I love it.

I am always amazed at painters. How they can take a blank canvas and make
it come alive. Wish I had that much
talent. I didn't start creating until I
was in my early 40's. Gasp, I
will be 50 this fall. Time has certainly
flown by.

I am so new to this blogging that I
wish I could move the pictures myself. Anyone know if that's
possible? Also would like to make
my own background and banner. Is
that what it's called?



No comments: