Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A Bit of Folie a Deux


The shop that my business partner and I own is called "Folie a Deux". It's downtown Tacoma in Sanford and Son. Sanford and Son is a 3 story antique store. On the second floor, Alan, the owner, created shops, about 20 of them. We started out with one small shop, moved across the hall to a bigger shop & when the next door shop became available Alan took out his reciprocal (is that what it's called?) saw and opened up the wall to combine the 2 shops. We are called collectively "The Middle Floor Merchants".
I fell in love with the name "Folie a Deux" when I first heard it on a X-Files episode. It is a
condition in which symptoms of a mental disorder, such as the same delusional beliefs or ideas, occur simultaneously in two. A shared madness. I knew that if I ever owned a shop, this was the name.

No comments: